Pelvic Pain and Sexual Dysfunction
Pelvic pain and sexual dysfunction can be very distressing and it can be a challenge to find the right help. Liz works with othr health professionals when necessary, and has a holistic approach to treatment.
Liz treats patients with a range of diagnoses, including:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Overactive pelvic floor
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Intersttial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome
Treatment has a biopsychosocial basis, using evidence from the latest pain science research. Goals are to relieve pain and promote optimum bladder, bowel and sexual function.
- Education on pain mechanisms
- Pain relief strategies
- Pelvic floor downtraining
- General relaxation and breathing training
- Posture and movement advice
- Pelvic floor stretch and release techniques
- Use of biofeedback or TENS if required
- Dilator therapy