Pregnancy and Post-Natal Care
Liz is able to offer the following services during pregnancy
- Assessment and treatment of back/pelvic pain
- Assessment and treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome and other pregnancy related conditions
- Access to pregnancy hydrotherapy classes
- Provision of wrist splints and back supports when required
- General advice on lifestyle factors and selfhelp measures to encourage and maintain good posture and prevent injury
- Pelvic floor exercises for good bladder control
Did you know 60% of women experience problems with bladder control during pregnancy?
All the ligaments in the body remain loose for some time after giving birth. This means repeated lifting of children, car-seats and pushchairs can make you more susceptible to injury.
Liz is happy to see women after childbirth for:
- Back/pelvic pain and other musculoskeletal conditions
- Exercises for good bladder and bowel control
- Advice and self help measures following perineal tears or episiotomy
- General strengthening programmes
- Advice on returning to exercise
- Advice on posture and back care
- Rectus diastasis (abdominal muscle separation)
- Coccyx pain
- Prolapse treatment
- Sexual pain
Liz is able to check your pelvic floor muscles and abdominal/core strength. She can give advice on when to return to exercise and what sort of exercise is appropriate.