Alert Level 2
WHERE DO I GET THE LATEST INFO ABOUT COVID-19?
www.covid19.govt.nz is the first place you should go for official information.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?
The Ministry of Heath lists symptoms of COVID-19 as one or more of the following:
- a cough
- a high temperature (at least 38°C)
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
WHAT DO I DO IF I THINK I’M GETTING SICK?
Firstly, if you feel ill at any stage you should stay away from Tiaki and self-isolate.
For health advice and information ring the Healthline Service on 0800 358 5453
WHEN IS TIAKI REOPENING?
We are re-opening for Studio Classes from Saturday 16th May
We are re-opening for face to face physiotherapy appointments from Monday 18th May. Online consultations remain an option if you are immune compromised or in an at risk group.
WHAT IS TIAKI DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
We are strictly following the guidelines set out by The Ministry of Health and other Government Agencies and include:
- Waiting areas spaced out
- Screening when making appointments and again on arrival
- Log book entry for all visitors who arrive without an appointment or class booking
- Physical distancing of 2m
- Pilates equipment is spaced out and class sized reduced to 10 people
- Additional hand sanitiser available
- Further equipment cleaning
- Regular cleaning of high contact areas such as door handles, lift buttons, eftpos machine, reception desk
- Enhanced deep cleaning regime
- Perspex separators at Reception
- COVID-19 signage and hand washing reminders
WHAT HYGIENE ETIQUETTE DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO FOLLOW?
We ask everyone who enters to take responsibility for their own hand washing and sanitising hands using our hand sanitiser provided.
We expect everyone to be covering coughs and sneezes, keeping social distancing of 2m.
We will no longer provide filtered water so you will need to bring your own filled drink bottle
Feel free to bring your own towel and use it on the reformer
We ask that you clean the machine after use and give it a good wipe down. (paper towels and cleaning products provided)
Your own grip socks are necessary as we will not be hiring out re-usable grip socks.
You may wish to bring gloves for using hand straps - these will be cleaned and paper towels provided for use if you wish.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
The wearing of a mask is your choice and not mandatory. Some staff will be wearing masks.
ARE YOU DOING ANY EXTRA CLEANING?
Yes we will be doing extra cleaning which includes wiping down all frequently contacted spots regularly. We will use a microshield spray once a week on all common surfaces.
HOW WILL YOU DO CONTACT TRACING?
Bookings are essential for all classes and appointments and our booking system is set up to capture everyone's details. A log book will be used for any unexpected visitors.
WILL HAND SANITISER BE AVAILABLE?
Yes. Just a reminder - The Ministry of Health also recommends you wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
WILL YOUR TIMETABLE CHANGE?
Things will be slightly different around the studio, including our timetable. This is to allow for us to get used to this new way of operating. We thank you for your understanding and patience.
COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONS:
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19 nor are you awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19
- You have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have not returned, or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
Please bring a filled water bottle, an optional towel, your own grip socks and optional gloves.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE FIRST TIME BACK?
If coming for an appointment:
- You will be asked a few screening questions prior to entering your appointment
- If coming for a class - head straight to your reformer machine and the instructor will check you in from there. Please stay seated on your machine and don't move around the studio unnecessarily
WILL I NEED TO BOOK EVERY CLASS I GO TO?
Yes. This is to ensure we only have 10 per class and that we are able to contact trace everybody.
WILL YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR ONLINE TIMETABLE?
Yes. This will be a mixture of live online classes and pre-recorded classes.
- Stay home if unwell
- Wash or sanitise hands before entering the studio/clinic
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Keep your distance from others.
- If coming for class head straight to your reformer and wait for the instructor to check you in