Online Physiotherapy Consultations
How do they work?
Can't get to a clinic? Online Physiotherapy consultations are a safe, effective and valuable modality to support patient care. You can connect with your Physiotherapist using your phone, tablet or laptop from anywhere with a wifi connection.
At Tiaki we are fortunate to have experienced physiotherapists who can provide a virtual consult with you from wherever you are, work out what your needs are, how you can gain relief and work out a plan to aid your recovery and rehabilitation.
You can book in for your Online Physiotherapy Consultation using our booking system here.
Once you have booked in you will receive a booking confirmation email. You will then receive a further email with your online booking link. Use this link to join the consultation. (Please do this 5 minutes before the consultation starts)
What to Expect
- Initially your therapist will go through a thorough set of questions with you. This is to ascertain how your injury occurred, how long you have had it, the nature of your symptoms, your medical history and any other relevant information that will help understand the nature of your injury. This questionnaire will focus on your goals for recovery
- After gaining a clear history, your therapist will then observe your movement and ask you to perform certain tasks and movements relevant to your injury
- Provisional diagnosis. From the above information your physiotherapist will provide you with a likely diagnosis. This will be explained to you including how and why your physiotherapist has come to this conclusion. Your therapist will then educate you further about this diagnosis.
- Treatment and rehabilitation strategies. From here your physiotherapist will provide you with a management plan. This will include strategies to self manage appropriate for your injury as well as a rehabilitation plan. This rehabilitation plan will be emailed to you. Your therapist can also organise imaging or onward referral to other health care providers as deemed necessary.
- Follow Up: A plan will then be made for a follow up consultation. During this follow up consultation, your treatment goals and progress to date will be reviewed. Further assessment will be undertaken as necessary and further rehabilitation and injury prevention strategies implemented as required.