Pilates for Menopause
Pelvic Safe Pilates - for Menopause
As we progress through life, our body is challenged in different ways. Menopause is no different.
As women age, exercise becomes even more crucial for maintaining health and movement. Exercise not only improves your physical and mental health, but it reduces your risk of chronic disease.
During menopause a drop in oestrogen means the risk of developing osteoporosis is significantly greater. This drop in oestrogen can also result in achy joints.
Hormonal changes can also see women suffer urinary incontinence or sexual difficulty due to urogenital changees and weaker pelvic floor muscles.
We offer expertly designed pelvic safe reformer pilates classes. These classes are led by a pilates trained women's health physotherapist.
Reformer Pilates loads your muscles bones and joints in a safe way to build strength and prevent or slow the progression of osteoporosis.
Benefits of Reformer Pilates during Menopause:
- Reformer pilates involves pushing and pulling against a load providing resistance to help build bone density and muscular strength
- Improved aerobic and muscular fitness
- Helps maintain healthy weight
- Enhances psychological well being
- Increased/maintained bone density and strength
- Aid in reducing the incidence of heart and other chronic diseases
- improved tone of pelvic floor and abdominal musculature
- Improved quality of life
- Improved balance and falls prevention
- Improved energy levels
- Better sleep
Why choose us?
- Classes are physio led
- The physio running the class has experience in long-term pelvic floor muscle care
- Our classes are pelvic floor safe, while still being challenging
- Care is taken during class not to contribute to or exacerbate lower back pain or any pelvic health issues
- We have small groups to ensure you get the care and attention you need
- We modify classes to suit your personal needs
- Focus on posture, strength and improved performance through every stage of your life.
Stay strong for all life's stages
Build a stronger and more resilient you