Post Natal Pilates
Pelvic Safe Pilates - for Post Natal Women
We all know that exercise is important for health and well being, but there are certain times in your life when you need to be more careful. Almost every exercise you do affects your pelvic floor.
Some exercise is harmful during the post natal period as it places extra stress on the pelvic floor - and may cause problems such as leakage or prolapse. Exercising in some positions can exacerbate diastasis recti and/or contribute to lower back pain.
High impact, high load classes are not always appropriate.
We offer expertly designed pelvic safe reformer pilates classes. These classes are led by a pilates trained women's health physiotherapist.
Benefits of Post-natal Pilates:
- Faster post natal recover
- Improved aerobic and muscular fitness
- Assists with weight loss
- Enhances psychological well being
- Promotes better sleep
- Can safely strengthen your pelvic floor and core and decrease the risk of incontinence and prolapse
- General strength
- Relief and prevention of lower back pain
- Helps reduce postural muscle tension due to carrying/holding and feeding baby
Why choose us?
- Classes are physio led
- The physio running the class has experience in pregnancy, postnatal and long-term pelvic floor muscle care
- Our classes are pelvic floor safe, while still being challenging
- Care is taken during class not to contribute to or exacerbate diastasis recti, lower back pain or any other pelvic health issues
- We have small groups to ensure you get the care and attention you need
- We modify classes to suit your personal needs
- Focus on posture, strength and improved performance through every stage of your life
Stay strong for all life's stage
Build a stronger and more resilient you