Pelvic Safe Pilates for Pregnancy
We all know that exercise is important for health and well being, but there are certain times in your life when you need to be more careful.
Almost every exercise you do affects your pelvic floor. Some exercise is harmful during pregnancy as it places extra stress on the pelvic floor - and may cause problems such as leakage or prolapse.
Exercising in some positions can increase the likliehood of diastasis recti. (Tummy Gap)
High impact, high load classes are not always appropriate.
We offer expertly designed pelvic safe reformer pilates classes. These classes are led by a Pilates trained Women's health Physiotherapist.
Benefits of Pregnancy Pilates:
- Improved aerobic and muscular fitness
- Promotion of appropriate weight gain
- Enhances psychological well being
- Promotes maintenance of healthy posture to support your changing body
- Regular exercise during pregnancy can reduce the risk of gestational diabetes.
- Improved tone of pelvic floor and abdominal musculature
- Improve breath control - can be welcome during birth
- Promote a happy birth and aid recovery
Why choose us?
- Classes are Physio led
- The Physio running the class has experience in pregnancy, postnatal and long-term pelvic floor muscle care
- Our classes are pelvic floor safe, while still being challenging
- Care is taken during class not to contribute to or exacerbate diastasis recti, lower back pain or any other pelvic health issues.
- We have small groups to ensure you get the care and attention you need
- We modify classes to suit your personal needs
- Focus on posture, strength and improved performance through every stage of you life.
Stay strong for all life's stages
Build a stronger and more resilient you