Pregnancy Reformer Pilates
Exercising during pregnancy is important for the overall health and well being of both mother and baby. Some forms of exercise can be harmful during pregnancy as it places extra stress on the pelvic floor - and may cause problems such as leakage or prolapse. High impact, high load classes are not always appropriate. We offer expertly designed pelvic safe reformer pilates classes for pregnant women that are low impact, efficient and are safe to do right up until baby is born.
Guidelines For Exercise During Pregnancy
In most cases exercise is not only safe during pregnancy but is highly recommended. If you are unsure, please check with your Doctor, Obstetrician or Midwife before embarking on an exercise routine.
There are some well researched recommended guidelines:
- As long as there are no contraindications, pregnant women should incorporate a variety of aerobic and resistance training activities to achieve greater benefits
- Aim for 30 minutes (or more) per session of moderate intensity exercise. (Aim for 150 minutes per week)
- Wear comfortable clothing, take breaks as needed and remain hydrated
- If you experience light headedness, nausea or feel unwell then stop
Benefits of Reformer Pilates During Pregnancy
At Tiaki our Instructors are trained to ensure you can exercise safely and comfortably throughout your pregnancy. We'll not only guide you through a series of exercises, but we'll also talk to you about breathing techniques and movement strategies that will help see you through your pregnancy, birthing process and beyond.
Developing a regular pregnancy pilates practice can help reduce stress, ease the common aches and pains of pregnancy and enhance your overall physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Further benefits include:
- Feel better about yourself and your changing body during pregnancy
- Reformer pilates can be performed in positions that are safe for women at all stages of pregnancy
- Reduce back pain and promote posture and stability
- Low impact and safe
- Improve muscle tone including the tone of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Reduce constipation, swelling and fatigue
- Improved sleep and less likely to experience fatigue
- Improve fitness and reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
Why Choose Tiaki?
- Our classes are pelvic floor safe, while still being challenging
- Care is taken during class not to contribute to or exacerbate diastasis recti, lower back pain or any other pelvic health issues.
- We have small groups to ensure you get the care and attention you need
- We modify classes to suit your personal needs
- Our focus on posture, strength and improved performance through every stage of your pregnancy
Stay strong for all life's stages
Build a stronger and more resilient you