Move with ease with Tiaki Pregnancy Pilates
Pilates, Physiotherapy and Pelvic Health in Wellington, New Zealand
Pregnancy Reformer Pilates
Pelvic Safe Pilates – for Pregnant Women
Exercising during pregnancy is important for the overall health and well being of both mother and baby.
Some forms of exercise can be harmful during pregnancy as it places extra stress on the pelvic floor – and may cause problems such as leakage or prolapse. High impact, high load classes are not always appropriate.
We offer expertly designed pelvic safe reformer pilates classes for pregnant women that are low impact, efficient and are safe to do right up until baby is born.
Guidelines For Exercise During Pregnancy
In most cases exercise is not only safe during pregnancy but is highly recommended. If you are unsure, please check with your Doctor, Obstetrician or Midwife before embarking on an exercise routine.
There are some well researched recommended guidelines:
- As long as there are no contraindications, pregnant women should incorporate a variety of aerobic and resistance training activities to achieve greater benefits
- Aim for 30 minutes (or more) per session of moderate intensity exercise. (Aim for 150 minutes per week)
- Wear comfortable clothing, take breaks as needed and remain hydrated
- If you experience light headedness, nausea or feel unwell then stop
By using this form you are agreeing to receive email communication from us
Why choose us?
- Classes are physio led
- The physio running the class has experience in long-term pelvic floor muscle care
- Our classes are pelvic floor safe, while still being challenging
- Care is taken during class not to contribute to or exacerbate lower back pain or any pelvic health issues
- We have small groups to ensure you get the care and attention you need
- We modify classes to suit your personal needs
- Focus on posture, strength and improved performance through every stage of your life